Happy Canada Day!
Today, Canada is 147 years old!
Some fun facts about Canada(#5 is my favourite!):
1. Canada holds the record for the most gold medals ever won at the Winter Olympics, since taking 14 Golds at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
2. There are nearly 2.5 million caribou in Canada.
3. Canada is home to the longest street in the world. Yonge Street in Ontario starts at Lake Ontario, and runs north through Ontario to the Minnesota border, a distance of almost 2000 kilometres.
4. There are more doughnut shops in Canada per capita than any other country.
5. A bear cub named Winnipeg was exported from Canada to the London Zoo in 1915. A little boy named Christopher Robin Milne loved to visit Winnipeg (or Winnie for short) and his love for the bear cub inspired the stories written by his father, A.A. Milne, about Winnie-the-Pooh.
Fun facts provided courtesy of: