Clive and I are off to Australia today. The impetus for the trip was an invitation to speak at the Australian Teacher Education Association Conference in Darwin. The trip then mushroomed to include visiting Clive’s family in Perth, Sydney, and Melbourne. He has lots of family!
Being in education I have long been an admirer of many Australian educators:
- Mem Fox (children’s books)
- First Steps (literacy program)
- Keith Punch (research methodology)
- John Loughran (pedagogy of teacher education)
- Robyn Ewing (Master of Teaching program at the University of Sydney)
- Neil Selwyn (digital technology)
And I love Tim Tams (best cookies) and the new Australian TV series A Place to Call Home (a potboiler of an evening drama).
So while we are on the road we hope to do some blogs about our adventures.